Saturday, July 7, 2007

Quitting Smoking Again, Again

So yeah, My first serious attempt at quitting smoking was a miserable failure. I had a few too many beers, and one cigarette turned immediately into me smoking for the last 2 months.

I have managed to quit drinking though. I don't really think I was going to be able to succeed in quitting smoking otherwise. Drinking and smoking have always gone hand in hand for me, as seems to be the case with many others who try to give up cigarettes.

I don't expect day one to be so bad, and will stock up once again today on sunflower seeds, seltzer water and whatever else suits my fancy.

Here we go again.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger The staff at Stop Smoking For Good said...

Hey Chris. For a freely accessible, full length smoking cessation counseling program in multiple formats visit http://stopsmokingforgood.com

July 8, 2007 at 2:10:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris, I am so happy to see that you are quitting smoking again. You have been in my thoughts so much over the past weeks. I don't post to the quitting site any longer. I think I kinda outgrew the daily thing, but I'll be here for you if you need to get in touch.

July 9, 2007 at 1:16:00 PM EDT  
Blogger maggie said...

Funny, every time I have started smoking again whether after a couple of months or beyond one year, alcohol has been involved. This time I'm trying Chantix (definitely is helping), and I have decided that I'll need to not do the drinking thing for a good long while and then always with one eye wide open so that I don't repeat the same mistakes. Anyway, I'm on my 24th day not smoking, and I hope I'm done for good, one day at a time, of course. Glad I ran across your blog, and I'll be reading along.

July 11, 2007 at 5:39:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had quit for over 3 years & then started again when my son was 1-month old....now he is going to be turning 15 in July! Since I have started again I have notices Migraines, sinus infections & now smoke about 1-pack a day instead of the 3/4 pack I used to smoke. Tomorrow I will try to stop with the patch.

May 2, 2014 at 10:41:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

via RSS
via E-Mail
54 Things To Do Instead Of Smoking
Still Alive After Quitting Smoking 14 Days Ago
Quitzits!